Blueberries will Refresh your Beauty Routine
We all know that Blueberries are a powerhouse fruit when it comes to eating nutrient-dense food that promotes youthful, healthy skin. Did you know that the oil pressed from blueberry seeds is also fantastic for your skin when applied as a moisturizer?
Blueberries contain high amounts of antioxidants – the secret ingredient that makes your doctor recommend eating them – which means that it will prevent skin from prematurely aging.
Blueberry Seed Oil is produced by cold-pressing the seeds of blueberries. The high level of antioxidants, as well as its extended list of benefits and uses is what transforms this oil into a cosmetic superstar.
Classified as a carrier oil, Blueberry Seed Oil can be used on its own, or added as an emulsion to creams, lotions, balms, serums and hair products.
Benefits of Blueberry Seed Oil:
- Rejuvenates the skin due to its high antioxidant levels
- Reduces wrinkles and the effect of aging
- Makes the skin look plump and firm
- Helps treat eczema, psoriasis and other skin conditions
- Moisturizes and nourishes the skin
- Helps repair damaged skin, hair, and nail cells
- Helps in the healing of cracked lips and lip sores
- Provides a shiny glow for the skin
- Assists in the fight against harmful UV
- Treats damaged skin caused by high levels of radiation
- Provides relief from stress and fatigue
The secret behind Blueberry Seed Oil?
The high levels of Phytosterols and vitamin E play a major factor when it comes to skin absorption. They produce a moisturizing effect that opens up the pores. Although high in healthy fatty acids, the oil is light and greaseless, having a low molecular composition.
Leven Rose Blueberry Seed Oil is a light blue and has a pleasant aroma due to the process of seed extraction which includes leaving some pulp on the seed when pressed.
Blueberry Seed Oil uses:
For your skin
The first use for Blueberry Seed Oil is as a moisturiser for your face and neck. Apply the amount needed by gently massaging it into the skin. It should sink in quickly and leave no greasy feeling on your skin.
The oil is also a great balm for irritated skin. Apply a small amount on the newly washed irritated area by slowly rubbing the oil into the skin until absorption.
Another use for the oil is to apply it on your skin liberally as a massaging agent. The smooth texture and the pleasant fragrance of the oil will relax the senses as well as muscle spasms.
For your hair
- You can apply the oil lightly after you wash your hair and it is ready for styling.
- Apply it to hair and scalp before washing your hair as a hair treatment. Wait a few minutes before wash.
- Blueberry oil can also be used on slightly wet hair. Use your fingertips to add a small amount on the hair roots to soothe scalp and improve hair growth.
- Massage the hair roots with oil, and use a wrap for a quarter of an hour after washing your hair.
- Combine the oil with your usual hair mask to benefit from the synergic effects.
Tip: Your scalp will also benefit from the use of Blueberry Seed Oil by simply massaging the oil with your fingertips. It can be applied to help fight the formation of dandruff before or after showering.
For your nails
Since hair and nails are both composed of keratin, Blueberry Seed Oil can be an effective nail treatment. The antioxidants found in the oil stimulate the production of new cells, throughout all three stages of cell growth.
For your lips
Use the oil on its own by applying a light coat of oil on your lips using your finger. It should be absorbed in a matter of minutes. Additionally, you can combine the oil with a lip balm in any ratio you see fit.
What are the active ingredients?
Let’s start with essential fatty acids (Omega 3 and 6):
The most abundant is linoleic acid which can make up to 53% of its composition, followed by linoleic acid with up to 32%. Oleic acid is also present, making up for up to 22% of the oil. Palmitic acid and searic acid can also be found in smaller amounts, between 1% to 5% of the total fatty acid composition.
Other interesting compounds:
Vitamin E is a remarkably abundant nutrient in Blueberry Seed Oil. Tocotrienols, a certain type of vitamin E abundant in this specific oil, is dubbed to be more potent than vitamin E itself in protection against environmental stress effects.
Phytosterols are also on top of the list for interesting compounds, with a staggering 580 mg per 100 grams. This is among the highest sterol concentration when it comes to oils, even surpassing soybean oil. Acting as anti-inflammatory agents, Phytosterols help skin repair itself, and have a moisturising effect by reducing the trans-dermal water loss.
Another active ingredient found in large quantity in Blueberry Seed Oil is squalene, which helps cracked skin regenerate and prevent UV damage to the skin.
Other compounds worth mentioning are anthocyanins and carotenoids that, although not as abundant as the ones mentioned above, still have the synergic effect of turning the oil into a powerful anti-oxidant.
The most common species of blueberry is Vaccinium corymbosum, which is native to North America and was not introduced into Europe until 1930’s. If you have those blueberries sitting in your fridge, consider make an Argan Oil Blueberry Face Mask with those blueberries that are too old to eat but too good to throw out.
Wrapping it up:
- Blueberries are high in antioxidants which makes it great for renewing aging skin.
- When applied to your skin, Blueberry Seed Oil should absorb quickly since it is made of Phytosterols and vitamin E.
- Use Blueberry Seed Oil to boost nail and hair health – a little goes a long way!
About Leven Rose
Leven Rose is an all natural beauty company in Colorado Springs, CO making the best in chemical free skincare and hair care products that you can trust. Our bestselling items have been rated #1 on Amazon and featured in GQ and Glamour magazines. Learn more about Leven Rose and our full line of natural beauty products at LevenRose.com. Be sure to follow us on social media for the latest releases.