Raspberry Seed Oil for Naturally Better Skin
This little seed has been a fan of ours all summer, and now that we’re getting into the colder seasons, it still has a spot on our beauty shelf.
Why? We have 8 MAH-velous reasons why and then some extra facts to make you swoon over this sweet-smelling skin treat.
WHY RED RASPBERRY SEED OIL . . . ROCKS
Maybe you’re new to our blog, but we like talking about how our skin is our largest organ, and how what we put into our body is important along with what we put ON our body.
Oh, about 60% of what we put onto our skin gets absorbed into our systems.
You’ll see that our products are often identifiable from plants and fruits that you see on healthy eating lists too, making their cold-pressed seed counterparts great candidates for intense skin healing.
Red Raspberry Seeds are no different. We love the fruit for eating, and the seeds for moisturizing our skin!
We also believe strongly in protecting our skin from sun as well, so we made a blog about How to Make a Natural Sunscreen with Red Raspberry Seed Oil too.
DID YOU KNOW?
Raspberries have a 50% higher antioxidant activity than strawberries, three times that of kiwis, and ten times that of tomatoes.
Love these little fruit super wonders!
8 Marvelous Red Raspberry Seed Oil Benefits
Our 100% pure, organic Red Raspberry Seed Oil (Rubus Idaeus) maintains all of its vitamin benefits because it’s never been heated. Cold-pressing the seeds maintains the best integrity of the natural skin-boosting benefits, so always make sure that that’s what you’re using to get the max perks out of this list.
1. Daily UV-Blocker – Use Red Raspberry Seed Oil as a daily moisturizer as the first layer of defense before adding a daily sunscreen.
Why? It naturally absorbs UV-A and UV-B rays without any artificial chemicals. Make sure to hit your chest with this oil too – that area gets lots of sun and not much care! Check out our blog about its sun fighting power.
2. Anti-inflammatory Skin Healer – This little wonder boasts the highest content of any fruit seed for alpha linolenic acid, which is an anti-inflammatory agent. It also has some phytosterols, which is helpful for inflamed skin issues like eczema and psoriasis.
3. Sun Damage Restorer – These phytosterols do lots of good things, like also repairing skin after sun damage that we can’t even see.
Did you know that most sun damage isn’t visible?
And by the time we see it as sun spots, it’s gone a fair way, so best to start now doing some daily healing. Sun damage is also called photo-aging, which is a big no-no in the natural beauty realm.
4. Antioxidant Booster – Raspberry seeds have crazy high levels of Vitamin E, which is one of the more popular natural antioxidants.
Antioxidants fight free radicals and combat oxidative damage, which is a leading cause of skin cancer and premature aging.
5. Wrinkle Fighter – They also boast another antioxidant called ellegic acid, which prevents early wrinkles and boosts your skin’s natural collagen and elastin production, which makes your face look more youthful and firm.
6. Intense Moisturizer – Even though it smooths on nicely, it’s a very moisturizing oil. Use when your skin is especially dry in the fall and winter seasons when the air holds less moisture but the sun can still beat down (and we forget the need for sunscreen because we’re bundled up).
Those phytosterols are again known to reduce water loss on the skin, keeping you hydrated and moisturized for longer.
7. Acne Fighter – Let’s chat about omega-3 & -6 fatty acids. High levels of these acids have been shown to decrease inflammation and fight acne too.
It helps decrease an insulin-like growth factor and hyperkeratinization of your pores and follicles, improving dermatitis and acne.
8. Oil Production Controller – Using Red Raspberry Seed Oil everyday will balance out your skin’s natural oil production since it will notice that it’s already getting moisturized and receiving these benefits above.
Add to your hair regimen too – it will strengthen your hair, add shine, and fight split ends. Hair gets sun damage and dryness too!
RASPBERRY SEED OIL SKIN BENEFIT RECAP
- Blocks UV rays as a natural sunscreen
- High antioxidant booster for fighting free radicals
- Combats sun damage and photoaging
- Boosts collagen and elastin for firmer skin
- Fights acne and helps heal eczema and psoriasis
- Fights age spots, wrinkles, premature aging
HOW TO USE RED RASPBERRY SEED OIL
HAIR & SCALP: Add a few drops to your favorite conditioner to soothe scalp and add shine to hair.
Or make into a scalp massage first, then pull through your hair 20 minutes before shampooing. (This will help you fight dandruff when it’s really dry outside!) Rub a drop or two into ends before blow drying.
SKIN: Rub a few drops onto dry and blemished skin to ease eczema, psoriasis, and to get all of the benefits above.
Apply as the first layer on your clean skin before applying any other products. If you’re using a natural floral toner, you can apply this first, and then apply the Red Raspberry Seed Oil.
ABOUT LEVEN ROSE
Leven Rose is an all natural beauty company based in Colorado Springs, CO making the best in chemical free skincare and haircare products that you can trust. Our best selling items have been rated #1 on Amazon and featured in GQ magazine. Learn more about Leven Rose and their full line of organic beauty products at LevenRose.com. Be sure to follow us on social media for the latest releases.